Thursday, March 4, 2010

Quality time

The most important thing to a new mom is for her new born to be healthy and well taking cared of. Do you know that 3 out of 10 new mom's are really depriving the baby of what it needs the most. What's that you ask? The answer...a healthy mom! Most new moms spend most of there new born's early months just taking... care of the baby and not to mention house chores. Ok, Ok...I understand "that's my baby I have to make sure everything is right" so you say, that's very true. I know because I'm married and I watch my wife do this very thing that I'm talking to you about. I want you all to understand that baby's are needy, that's the complete truth and don't get me wrong I love my son's. I just want you lady's to take some quality time out. Did you know that most new moms spend lest then 5 hours a day sleeping. Believe me your body needs to rest if you plan on losing any baby fat at all. Study's show that if your not getting at least 7.5 - 8 hours of sleep per night losing weight will be near to impossible. Check out these important facts:
Hormone function affects the way fat cells respond to the food we eat. Cortisol is a hormone that is commonly released in response to physical or emotional stress. When we are deprived of sleep, cortisol is released at an increased level and makes us feel hungry even if we are full. As a result, people who continue to lose sleep on a regular basis will tend to experience hunger even when they have had an adequate amount of food.
Sleep loss results in less deep sleep, the kind that restores our energy levels. Losing deep sleep hours decreases growth hormone levels. Growth hormone is a protein that helps regulate the body’s proportions of fat and muscle in adults. With less growth hormone, we reduce the ability to lose fat and grow muscle.
 
Think about it if your not getting enough sleep your focus is usually out of whack. You'll find yourselves being very forgetful, snappy and very moody so exercising for any amount of minute with someone giving you instrctions will be a chore. Here are somethings you can do to ensure that you add to your sleep total and possibly a 30 to 40 minute work out:
 
1-When your baby's taking a nap in the middle of the day, you take a nap in the middle of the day and then pop in exercise video. Believe me most new born's will sleep for at least 2 and a half hours or more in the middle of the day. Enough time for you to do your thing.
 
2-Turn on Loud music at certain time when you feel drain and need some rest. Study's show that loud noises will put most babys to sleep so that leaves you the chance to get some quality nap time.
 
3- At night when you want the baby to sleep, make sure their sleeping area is very dark and talk softly in a soothing fashion and keep the music at a reasonable level. Once they fall asleep you hit the sack with them.
 
Beleive me we try these & they worked for us so, these answers might just be your jump start to a healthier new mommy. Let's start with sleep and cover the next very important part on our next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment